Types of Texas Animal Removal Services
Texas Wildlife Control
Animal Damage Repairs
Attic Cleanup and Restoration
Professional Bird Control
Texas Dead Animal Removal
The History of Houston Rockets
Take a step back in time. Houston's historic Rice Hotel, which opened to the public in 1913, is considered one of the finest hotels Houston has built in the last century. Securely nestled in the heart of downtown, the hotel was once a social mecca for the rich, famous and powerful.
Here is a bit about the history of the Rice Hotel. It was built on the original site of the first Capitol of the Republic of Texas, and home of the first Texas Congress from 1837 to 1839. The original Capitol building was torn down in 1881 by a Colonel Groesbeck, to make way for the new Capitol Hotel on Texas Street.
William Marsh Rice, the legendary founder of Houston's Rice University, purchased the building in 1883 and added a five-story annex. He then named it the Rice Hotel. In 1911, Rice University sold the hotel to Jesse Jones, an early publisher of The Houston Chronicle newspaper and a noted politician and entrepreneur. Jones wasted no time in razing the building and erecting a 17-story structure on the site. The new hotel opened on May 17, 1913 at a cost of over $2 million. Quite a lot in 1913 dollars!
As often happens, though, many years of history and tradition had to come to an end. With the Rice Hotel, the end came in 1975 when a decision was made to shut the hotel down. As many held their breath in hope and anticipation, the hotel reopened for a short time in 1976. However, it wasn't meant to be, and the Rice Hotel was permanently closed by court order and sold at foreclosure in 1977.
After a few years of laying dormant, the old hotel was renovated and reopened as the Post Rice Lofts, a luxury apartment complex. Historically the same in many respects, one of the finest hotels Houston ever had enjoys new life serving a modern generation.
Choose Your Squirrel Control Methods
How to Get Rid of Squirrels
What Does a Squirrel Look Like?
Raccoons In Chimneys
Houston has a rich and proud history of professional sports. With football being such an important part of life in Texas, the city of Houston boasts a rich tradition of professional football going back 50 years. With the loss of the Oilers in 1996 it was only a matter of time before pro football would be restored to the city and its loyal fans.
The first professional football team in Houston was the Houston Oilers. The team was started in 1959 by owner Bud Adams who was also a co-founder of the AFL. The Houston Oilers took part in the first ever AFL championship match and beat the then Los Angeles Chargers to claim the title. The oilers and their fans continued to enjoy many years of football in Houston before their owner decided to unceremoniously move the team to Tennessee in 1996 with the lure of a new state of the art stadium which they moved into in 1998. Despite huge public outcry against the move the owner decided to move the team anyway and pay millions to the city of Houston for damages for the loss of the team to the city. With football being such a huge part of Texas it would not be long before professional football would be returned to the city of Houston and their great and loyal fans. However, it was not easy to get a new team and many obstacles had to be overcome before the NFL would grant Houston with a new franchise.
Thanks to persistence and hard work professional football had been restored to Houston where it belongs. The new franchise would decide upon the name Houston Texans after receiving permission to use the name from Lamar Hunt who had previously founded the name Dallas Texans and which later would become the Kansas City Chiefs. With former Denver Bronco assistant Gary Kubiak now in place as the head coach and quarterback Matt Schaub signed, the Houston Texans hope to establish a winning tradition for years to come. Along with their loyal fans they are looking toward the new season as a breakthrough year.
Squirrels Living in the Chimney
Getting Rid of Skunks
What Kinds of Diseases Can Bats Spread?
Squirrel Extermination Services
Raccoons are a common presence in urbanized areas. Properties that are located near bodies of water, forests, and woods, also commonly experience nuisance raccoon problems. Although raccoons are truly innocent and fascinating mammals, they pose several dangers and should be controlled in a safe and humane way. If you still think raccoons are not a threat, continue reading to learn the top 3 biggest dangers raccoons pose to society.
The first and most significant risk posed by a wild raccoon presence on your property is the risk of harming people, especially children. Raccoons are known carriers of several viruses and infectious diseases, including serious ones like Rabies, leptospirosis, Distemper, and raccoon roundworm, as well as less serious ones, like lice, fleas, ticks, and more. Although raccoons do not generally bite or attack, they will if they are provoked. For instance, young children who may stumble upon a baby raccoon in the yard that they think is abandoned, but in actuality, the mother raccoon is nearby and ready pounce if she feels her pup is in danger.
If you have a raccoon problem, you will need to take control by eliminating whatever it is that attracts them to your property. For example:
Only take the garbage cans out to the driveway on the morning of trash pickup day, do not leave pet food and other sources of food and water outside (bird baths, squirrel feeders, bird seed, pet food bowls, stored bags of pet food, etc.), installing motion lighting or sound machines to scare raccoons away, putting up fencing to protect your gardens, and eliminating shelter options like compost piles, log piles, pet houses, and more. You will also need to contact a licensed raccoon removal and control company to inspect your property and ensure there are no entry points for raccoons to enter.
Raccoon Pest Control - Traditional Pest Control Methods Are Ineffective
How to Find and Remove a Dead Skunk
How to Get Rid of Skunks Humanely
- Wildlife Control Bellaire TX
- Animal Removal Bunker Hill Village TX
- Animal Removal Deer Park TX
- Animal Removal El Lago TX
- Animal Trapper Galena Park TX
- Wildlife Control Hedwig Village TX
- Critter Removal Hilshire Village TX
- Animal Removal Humble TX
- Animal Trapper Hunters Creek Village TX
- Animal Trapper Jacinto City TX
- Critter Removal Jersey Village TX
- Animal Trapper La Porte TX
- Animal Removal Morgan’s Point TX
- Critter Removal Nassau Bay TX
- Animal Removal Pasadena TX
- Wildlife Control Piney Point Village TX
- Critter Removal Shoreacres TX
- Animal Trapper South Houston TX
- Animal Trapper Southside Place TX
- Animal Trapper Spring Valley Village TX
- Animal Removal Taylor Lake Village TX
- Wildlife Control Tomball TX
- Wildlife Control Webster TX
- Animal Trapper West University Place TX
- Wildlife Control Aldine TX
- Wildlife Control Atascocita TX
- Animal Trapper Barrett TX
- Wildlife Control Channelview TX
- Critter Removal Cinco Ranch TX
- Animal Trapper Cloverleaf TX
- Animal Removal Crosby TX
- Animal Trapper Highlands TX
- Wildlife Control Mission Bend TX
- Animal Trapper Sheldon TX
- Animal Trapper Spring TX
- Animal Removal The Woodlands TX
- Animal Trapper Alief TX
- Critter Removal Airline TX
- Animal Trapper Bammel TX
- Wildlife Control Barker TX
- Wildlife Control Beaumont Place TX
- Animal Removal Bridgeland TX
- Animal Trapper Cedar Bayou TX
- Animal Trapper Champions Forest TX
- Wildlife Control Cimarron TX
- Wildlife Control Coady TX
- Wildlife Control Cypress TX
- Animal Trapper Dyersdale TX
- Wildlife Control East Aldine TX
- Critter Removal Fall Creek TX
- Wildlife Control Hockley TX
- Animal Removal Houmont Park TX
- Animal Trapper Huffman TX
- Animal Trapper Hufsmith TX
- Animal Trapper Kinwood TX
- Wildlife Control Klein TX
- Critter Removal Kleinbrook TX
- Animal Trapper Kohrville TX
- Wildlife Control Louetta TX
- Critter Removal Lynchburg TX
- Wildlife Control McNair TX
- Animal Trapper North Houston TX
- Critter Removal Northcliffe TX
- Wildlife Control Northcliffe Manor TX
- Wildlife Control Northgate Forest TX
- Wildlife Control Remington Ranch TX
- Animal Removal Rose Hill TX
- Animal Removal Satsuma TX
- Wildlife Control Timber Meadows TX
- Animal Trapper Traces TX
- Critter Removal Westfield TX